Thursday, September 2, 2010

Weblog 1

1) Joe Fisher, Akron Ohio, Jfish867@roadrunner.com

2) Joe

3) High School History

4) I like to play basketball and watch NFL football. My favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers.

5) I do best in classes that are discussion based.

6) I try to participate as often as i can, I would say im pretty good at getting my work done on time, If im not interested in material im working on or if I dont particularly like the way it is being presented to me I have a tendency to tune it out, and I ask fellow classmates first if i dont understand something.

7) I have a stutter.

8) My 8th grade history teacher was one of the best teachers I ever had. Partly because he was excellent at presenting the material, but also because he genuinely cared about the students. As a result I tried especially hard to do well in his class because I didn't want to let him down.

9) It seems theres little incentive for schools to hire better education or qualified teachers as opposed to those who are cheaper to hire.

10) We as a class should talk to each other about any fears/anxieties/hopes we have about our prospective teaching careers, b) we should study relevant, down-to-earth ways of better communicating with students, c) we should be an open and non judgmental class thats open to discussion, d) and avoid too much grand, idealistic theory that tends to make people unable to grasp the material.

11) Will this class be more discussion or lecture based? Are we planning on having different people in the field of education come in and share their experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment