Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blog 4

(Timeline Entry)

1845- Large scale testing in Boston changed from being oral to written. This idea would come obviously come to play an enormous role in my education. All my life I, like me peers, have been subjected to testing in this form and it has shaped the way that I study information to this day. Knowing how I am going to be tested on information has taught me the most effective way or studying, where being "effective" means scoring well on a written test. Actually now that I think about it, my experience with testing will more than likely impact the kind of teacher I become, whether I think I can improve a little on the concept or style of written tests or not.

I think it will be important for our writing group to stress what we believe are the best ideas in each other's papers first and foremost so we can know where our strengths are. Then we can get into the weaker areas where more information could be needed, or where a new idea might need to be introduced. The bottom line is i think we should offer suggestions of how to make things better and not only point out what we don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment