Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Service Reflection #3

Today honestly I didnt get a lot out of my experience at IGS. Ms Javitch's class was out on a field trip and unfortunately I couldnt come along since I would have had to miss one of my classes, so instead I went to watch a few gym classes. I say "watch," because thats really all I was able to do. A group of 6-8th graders were playing what was basically a "World Cup" like soccer tournament.

It was interesting to observe older children as opposed to the young aged kids I'm used to. For the most part they policed themselves with the rules of soccer, but there were a couple times when a few kids took cheap shots at each other. One time I called over to them to make them stop and the few other times the teacher told them to both go over on the sideline and wait until they were ready to go back in. This is so different in a disciplinary sense from what I experienced as a student, and Im amazed at how effective it has proven.

No comments:

Post a Comment