Thursday, November 4, 2010

SL Blog 4

Today the reflection in the SL booklet asked me if i could change one thing about my site what it would be, and I'd have to say that in the future I would be sure to set the JCU students up with teachers who are actually going to allow them to interact with the students.

There are at least two people in my group who have said that they do practically nothing every week and I think thats a shame. We are not there to observe these teachers, were there to help them out by working with some of the students who might need a little more attention or guidance. Ms Javitch does such a great job managing her class and she has a system set up where I read with about four students a day now, and I really do feel like the students are getting a lot out of it-and so am I. Its a shame that some of the other JCU volunteers arent having the same experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment